Md Shamsul Arifeen Khan Mamun, PhD
Professor of Applied Economics
Strategic Plan Specialist (National Consultant)
College Education Development Project (CEDP)
National University Bangladesh
American Economic Association [ Membership No. 000438973]
Economic Society of Australia (QLD) Pvt [ Professional Membership No. 560]
Doctor of Philosophy (DPHD) in Business Economics
University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, QLD 4350, Australia.
Software for Data Science : Stata; Python; Excel; Tableau
Driving : Have valid driving license
Language : English (Fluent); Chinese (Basic); Bengali (Native)
- Big data management, modelling and analysis using Tableau
- Regression analysis using Stata, Excel, Python
- Household Survey Data (such as The Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia [HILDA]) analysis
1. Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan; Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur; Khanam, Rasheda; (2020) The relation between an ageing population and economic growth in Bangladesh: Evidence from an endogenous growth model. Economic Analysis and Policy. Vol. 66, pp.14-25. Elsevier
2. Alam, GMM; Alam, K., Mushtaq, S., MN, Khatun, Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan. (2019). Influence of socio-demographic factors on mobile phone adaptation in rural Bangladesh: Policy implications. Information Development. Vol. 35, Issue 5, pp-739-748. Elsevier.
3. Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan; Khanam, Rasheda; Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur; (2018). The determinants of household out-of-pocket (OOP) medical expenditure in rural Bangladesh. Applied Health Economics And Health Policy. Vol. 16, Issue, 2, pp. 219-234. Springer.
4. Alam, Khorshed; Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan (2017). Access to broadband Internet and labour force outcomes: A case study of the Western Downs Region, Queensland. Telematics and Informatics. Vol. 34, Issue, 4, pp. 73-84. Elsevier.
5. Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur; Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan (2017). The effects of telephone infrastructure on farmers’ agricultural outputs in China. Information Economics and Policy. Vol. 41, pp. 88-95. North-Holland.
6. Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur; Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan (2016). Energy use, international trade and economic growth nexus in Australia: New evidence from an extended growth model. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 64, pp. 806-816. Elsevier.
7. Salim, Ruhul; Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan; Hassan, Kamrul; (2016). Role of communication technologies in broadacre agriculture in Australia: an empirical analysis using panel data. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. Vol. 60, Issue 2, pp. 243-264. Wiley Publication.
8. Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan; Rahman, Mohammand Mafizur; (2016). An investigation on allocative efficiency and implications of new funding plans for the Australian universities. Educational Research for Policy and Practice. Vol. 15, issue 1, pp. 71-82. Springer Netherlands.
9. Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan, Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur (2016). Productive efficiency of the private universities in Bangladesh. Asian Profile. Vol. 44, Issue 66, pp. 563-571
10. Alam, Khorshed; Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan; (2016). The relationship between labour force status and educational attainment: Evidence from a system of simultaneous equations model. Economic Analysis and Policy. Vol. 52, pp.55-65. Elsevier.
11. Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan, Danhar, P., Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur. (2015). University teachers’ interaction with their online students at an Australian university. In Sherrie Wisdom and Lynda Leavitt (Eds.). Handbook of research on advancing critical thinking in higher education (p.148-169). IGI Global Publication, USA.
12. Mamun, Shamsul Arifeen Khan; Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur. (2016). Modelling a causal relationship between the internet and academic research performance in an Australian university: a case study. Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research. Vol. 10, Issue1, pp. 143-167. Sage Publication.